September 24 / Photography

I collect film photography equipment and I also use it to take photographs and make prints. I’m also a massive nerd so there’s a database to help me record every…

Read the PostFilm photography in a few graphs

September 24 / Photography
September 13 / Photography

A few years ago, I visited Caen Hill locks near Devizes for the first time. The steep flight of locks is one of the iconic sights of Wiltshire, so when…

Read the PostCaen Hill

August 18 / Photography

It seems an age ago now (June) that a group of us visited the Severn Valley Railway for Fraser’s stag do. It basically consisted of a group of overgrown man-boys…

Read the PostSevern Valley Railway

August 17 / Photography

Digital camera lenses are expensive, so it’s no wonder people are turning to much cheaper second-hand manual focus lenses. However these older, mechanical lenses behave quite differently from the electronic ones…

Read the PostUsing Canon FD lenses on digital cameras

August 13 / Photography

Last night I went up Troopers Hill to watch and take pictures of the Perseid meteors. Unfortunately after 30 minutes I’d only seen one meteor and needless to say, that’s…

Read the PostBright lights, big city

August 10 / Photography

Just a simple shot of the evening sunlight coming in the window and falling upon a vase of roses.

Read the PostRoses

August 2 / Photography

We visited Sherborne Abbey almost a year ago, and enjoyed it so much that we went back again this year. The real point of the visit was to hear Hannah…

Read the PostSherborne Abbey

July 24 / Photography

Hannah and I went to Longleat again recently. We’ve been a few times before because we enjoy it so much, which means I’ve taken most of the photos I can…

Read the PostMagnificent beasts

July 19 / Photography

These pictures were taken on a lazy walk after work on a warm summer’s evening. There was a lovely glow in the air and people were relaxed. I did my…

Read the PostSummer evening in Bristol